By 1904, the route would be extended to Lass, a junction near Prohpetstown. The route provided a direct route between the northern lines of the CB&Q system and the Quad Cities area.
During the early 1900s, the route was part of the most direct route between St. Paul and St. Louis, two major cities along the CB&Q.
In 1970, the CB&Q merged with Northern Pacific and Great Northern to form Burlington Northern. This massive network of routes dominated the midwest during the 1970s and 1980s.
Although many routes would be cut down and abandoned, this route has remained intact since construction. In 1996, the BN merged with the Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe to form BNSF Railway, the current owners of this route.
Currently, this route is the northern section of the BNSF Barstow Subdivision.
This standard through girder bridge crosses the Union Pacific mainline near the town of Fulton.
Built in 1904, the bridge features a single through girder span with modern concrete approaches.
These modern concrete approaches replaced wooden pile approaches. The current substructures of the bridge are typical steel pile piers.
Overall, the bridge remains in good condition.
The author has ranked the bridge as being locally significant, due to the common design.
The photo above is an overview.