This bridge is one of the most significant and historic in the area!
Crossing between Moline and Sylvan Island over a small channel, it was relovated here in 1891. It had a 45 foot section taken off, and it was installed to access steel mills on the island.
Today, it is fenced off and people can't get great views of it. Someone should really relocate it!
It contains several Phoenix Columns, a historical engineering achievement. These contain several little rods welded inside of a hollow tube.
Even today, they remain important, giving strength to big bridges and skyscrapers.
The best views are from Sylvan Island, or the pedestrian (Ex Road) Bridge downstream.