By 1893, the WW became part of the Chicago, St. Paul & Minneapolis Railway, which in turn became part of the Chicago, St. Paul, Minneapolis & Omaha Railway in 1880.
The Omaha road became controlled by the Chicago & North Western Railway upon formation in 1880. The Omaha Road was leased by the C&NW in 1957, and was outright merged in 1972. The C&NW continued to operate this as a main track until 1995, when it was purchased by Union Pacific.
While the route to Cedar Falls was abandoned in 1902, the Menomonie spur lasted until 2002, when it was abandoned.
Today, portions are trails while others are abandoned.
Crossing Wilson Creek between downtown Menomonie and the UW Stout Campus is this large truss bridge.
Built in 1896 at an unknown location, this large truss bridge was installed in 1943 to replace an older wooden trestle.
Like the nearby Red Cedar River Bridge, this truss is a riveted Quadrangular Through Truss.
In addition to the truss, a 1905 vintage deck girder span approaches the structure. This span was also relocated and added to the structure in 1957, alas from an unknown location. The bridge rests on concrete and steel substructures.
The bridge has an unknown future. Maps from the City of Menomonie suggest this bridge will be reused as a trail, and the author hopes this is true. This structure is a large and signature bridge, and would be great for a connection between Downtown Menomonie and the Stout Campus.
Overall, the bridge appears to remain in good condition.
The author has ranked this bridge as being regionally significant, due to the large scale design, relocation history and unknown future.
The photo above is an overview. The bridge can be seen from parallel Meadow Hill Drive.