- 1879: 13 miles completed from Sacton (Wall Lake), Iowa to Sac City, Iowa by the Maple River Railway
- 1883: 59 miles completed from Sac City to Kingsley, Iowa by the Maple River Railway
- 1884: Chicago & North Western purchases Maple River Railway
- 1887: 9 miles completed from Kingsley to Moville, Iowa by the Sioux Valley Railroad Company, and is sold to the Chicago & North Western Railway
- 1901: 20 miles completed from Moville to Sargent Bluff, Iowa by the Moville Extension Railway Company, and is sold to the Chicago & North Western Railway
- 1959: Sargent Bluff to Moville abandoned
- 1966: Moville to Holstein abandoned
- 1980: Holstein to Lakeview abandoned
- 1984: Lakeview to Sacton abandoned
Located along Iowa Highway 140 between Moville and Kingsley, this small concrete encased beam bridge crosses a cattle pass.
Built in 1907, the bridge features a single concrete encased beam span, set onto concrete substructures.
This style design was commonly used by the C&NW and other railroads, as it was cheap and efficient to build. While a standard box culvert may suffice, this design provided extra strength for spans that were typically too long to be box culverts.
Overall, this bridge appears to be in fair to poor condition, with significant deterioration noted throughout the structure.
The author has ranked this bridge as being locally significant, due to the common design.
The photo above is an overview.